Community (Page 2)

Community (Page 2)

Bolt VBS Day 2

Wow! Wasn’t yesterday’s BOLT Virtual VBS so fun? I hope that you enjoyed your time together as a family. It was great to talk about how we can let the Bible have a greater impact in our lives and the games were so fun! Be sure to bring your origami craft for us to see, at the drive-by today, at the church from 4-7 pm for a special treat. I can’t wait to see in today’s video if the boys…

Bolt VBS Day 1

It is finally here! Here is the first day of BOLT Virtual VBS that you have been waiting on. Be sure to refer to your Parent and Leader Guide for more information, supplies to gather and step-by-step instructions. Enjoy this fun time centered around Jesus today. As you post on social media, be sure to use #crcbolt on all your pictures, so we can see all the fun too! And come see us at the daily drive-by at 1701 Walker…

Get Ready For VBS

Don’t forget … BOLT VBS is coming to your house on June 29, 30, & July 1! With minimal preparation, easy-to-follow instructions, and a video that leads you and your kids step-by-step through each of the 3 days, BOLT is designed for you to perform with your family at home. It’s so simple! As we approach the first day of BOLT VBS, we want to give you some more details to help you and your family have the best possible…

BOLT VBS

Hi CrossRidge families! We are so excited to announce that VBS WILL BE HAPPENING this year! With one modification, though. Instead of you bringing your kids to VBS, we’re bringing VBS to your kids. This summer, on June 29-July 1, we’ll be using a quarantine-friendly VBS called BOLT. With minimal preparation, easy-to-follow instructions, and a video that leads you and your kids step-by-step through each of the 3 days, BOLT is designed for you to perform with your family at…

Life Teams Continue To Grow

I understand it can be a struggle for some of us, allowing technology to be a lifeline for connection with one another but God is being glorified and truth is being proclaimed. I am so proud of our church family! The way you have reached out to stay connected to the body of Christ has been wonderful. Life has thrown us a curveball and the people of CrossRidge have responded unified as a church family. Ministry continues, although it looks…
Family at home watching on a computer

A Different Easter But Same Savior

I grew up in church and pretty much if the doors were open, I was there. I’ve had more potlucks than homework assignments and sat in more pews and sang more verses of “Just As I Am” than a Fitbit can count. I remember my dad telling people he had a drug problem growing up. He would say his parents’ drug him to church all the time. Obviously, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree. My parents were always…

Operation Christmas Child

Drop-off at CrossRidge Church as ended. Please check OCC website for other locations: Each year we partner with Samaritan Ministries for Operation Christmas Child. From children to seniors, people pack shoebox gifts each year to bless children in need around the world. Parents often use the project to teach their kids about giving. Year-round volunteers with OCC support these efforts across the country. Along with donating boxes, this year, CrossRidge Church is a drop-off location providing an easier way for…

ROAR Into VBS

What a great week we’re having at ROAR VBS. We are blessed to be able to teach so many kids about Jesus through arts and crafts, skits, stories and more. Kids are also having a blast making new friends, seeing old ones and getting to play in all sorts of crazy rec games outside. We know everyone gets excited about our Boys vs Girls Penny Contest. We’ll be sure to post the winners here but not before we’ve had a…

School Supply Drive

As the summer comes to an end and August approaches quickly, school starts back soon for many of our students. With school comes all kinds of expenses from clothes, athletics, band, supplies and more. This month’s Dollar Day went towards buying backpacks and school supplies. Helping Out Along with using the money from Dollar Day for July, we have also been accepting donations to help fill even more backpacks. As in the past, we have partnered with Little Elm ISD and…
Staff of CrossRidge, Lovepacs, and Brown Box Movers standing front of Lovepacs delivery truck

Lovepacs Delivery and Dollar Days

We received a special surprise as one of the Lovepacs delivery trucks stop by the church and let us see what a delivery looks like. They had 290 boxes ready to go to help feed over 1,000 children in our area during Spring Break.
CrossRidge Church New Website

New Website – New Look, New Stuff

Finally, the new website is here! It has been a long time coming and we have worked hard and put in a lot of time on getting it going for a while now. New stuff has been added and other stuff was moved around and reorganized. We’re excited about it and think you will love the changes. Check out below some of the changes we’ve made. The Blog Keep up with what’s going on with CrossRidge Church on a regular…
Lovepacs blessing children in need in Little Elm - Dollar Days at CrossRidge

Lovepacs Little Elm – Dollar Day

Our Dollar Day, for the month of March, will support Lovepacs of Little Elm. This organization has a direct impact on our community by helping to take care of children in need. Lovepacs exists to be an expression of God’s love by engaging our communities to feed children in need.Lovepacs Mission The Who Lovepacs, a faith-based ministry, provides meals to children in Little Elm at risk of going hungry during school holidays.  The organization relies on LEISD to determine children…
2018 CrossRidge February Dollar Day for the Little Elm Fire Deparment

Stocking LEFD Pantries

We contacted LEFD in January and asked them if we could use our Dollar Day dollars from February to bless them by buying groceries and helping to stock their pantries and they responded with a resounding “YES!”
Little Elm Area Food Bank Thank You for Dollar Days

Little Elm Area Food Bank Thank You

January Dollar Day, $939 went to Little Elm Area Food Bank which helped to restock their shelves after the busy holidays. We have been partners with the food bank for many years with some of our own members faithfully giving and serving in it.
Wireless router in a house

Protect Your House

Not long ago, my fridge at home went out and we needed another one. Being one always looking for a deal I found an open box buy that was in our price point. They delivered it but unfortunately, it didn’t work. Maybe there was a reason it was an open box? Anyways, the place we bought it had a more expensive model that they gave us for the same price. It was delivered, and it worked. Yay! No more living…
Couple working on balancing their budget

Don’t Be Normal

Making goals can be a good thing and can help us stay focused and on track on the things that matter most. According to an article from Statista, the 3 top resolutions for 2018 were eating better, exercising, and saving more money. All of these are great resolutions and worth working towards. Eating better and exercising regularly are very common and most people can agree on how to do each. Simply put, eat less and get moving. However, when it…