Marc Farnell, Senior Pastor of CrossRidge Church, grew up in Tampa, Florida and was blessed to have parents who loved God. He received Jesus Christ into his life at the age of 6 and was baptized soon after this decision. His father felt a call into ministry shortly after he got saved so they moved out to Fort Worth, Texas for him to go to seminary. After graduation, they moved back to Florida where his father became a pastor of a church in Tampa.
As Marc grew up, he was either in church or a basketball gym. He was blessed to receive a scholarship to play basketball in college. He was one of the tallest players on his high school basketball team and instantly became one of the shortest players on his college team. It was during his sophomore year in college that he really struggled with doubts about his salvation. God led him to end the doubts by making a decision once and for all to receive Christ as his Savior and Lord which he followed with believer’s baptism.
He coached men’s basketball for 6 years in college and taught for 3 of those years. It was during the final 2 years of coaching that he met Kim at church in Tampa. It was also during this time that he felt God’s call to go into ministry. God divinely brought Kim and him together to serve Him as a team in ministry. They quit their jobs in Florida, moved to Texas, got married in Abilene and Marc started seminary at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary all within the same 6 week period. Talk about stepping out in faith!!
Their time in ministry together has been BLESSED! God has truly done more than all they have asked or imagined! He served for almost 8 years at the First Baptist Church of Corinth, Texas. The last 4 years he served as Associate Pastor.
God called Marc to come to CRC in December of 2002.
I have had the blessing and privilege of serving as Pastor of this fantastic church since that time. I cannot put into words the joy it is for me and my family to serve together with the people at CRC! God has done, is doing and will continue to do amazing things in our midst as we trust and obey Him. The exciting news is the best is yet to come at CRC! God is good ALL the time!”Marc Farnell
- Married to Kim
- Children: Jessica, Macey and Hannah
- Marc is the only one in his sorority house not from Texas. He is from Florida.
- Marc is a sports fanatic! Hey, Paul did tell Timothy to be prepared in season and out of season!! His favorite sport is basketball by just a hair over football
- Favorite pro teams: Football: Dallas Cowboys; Basketball: Dallas Mavericks
- Favorite college teams: Football: Florida Gators; Basketball: Duke Blue Devils
- Something you don’t know about Marc: He used to coach men’s college basketball before God called me into ministry. He coached for 3 years at Mercer University in Georgia and for 3 years at Hillsborough Community College in Florida. He absolutely loved coaching but not near as much as He loves being the pastor of CRC!!.
- In his spare time, Marc enjoys hanging out with Kim and their girls which covers a myriad of activities and enjoys running on the treadmill.
- Favorite verse: John 15:5