George Bewley joined the staff of CrossRidge Church in 2007 as Minister of Administration and Communications He spent several of his years growing up in Conroe, Texas. It was here he prayed to receive Christ when he was 10 years old at Vacation Bible School in his home church. Although he spent most of his younger years in Conroe, he spent his high school years attending Palestine High School in East Texas while living in a small community called Montalba where the cows far outnumbered the people.
After high school he attended college and started a career in the IT industry. While attending Texas A&M during his sophomore year, he met Kristin, his future wife. They married in 2000 and lived in Irving, Texas.
In 2002 he and his wife moved to Little Elm, Texas and became members of CrossRidge Church shortly after. It was here, George answered the call of full-time ministry in his life. He followed God’s calling and on a step of faith, he quit his IT job and came on staff full time as Minister of Communications and Administration.
- Favorite Restaurant: Freebirds. He has eaten a Super Monster on several occasions when he was in college but doesn’t do it anymore. There are rumors he might be bribed to do it again.
- Favorite sport and team: Football, Cowboys
- Something you don’t know about George: He raced bicycles when he was young. He won a national bicycle, BMX, race when he was 5 years old.
- In his spare time, George loves to hang out with his wife and kids, swim, fish, play video games, turn circles, jump off bridges, practice full contact origami, jump over cracks in sidewalks, and roll down hills.
- Trademark saying: “Ah’ight”
- Favorite book besides the Bible: Money, Possessions, and Eternity by Randy Alcorn
- Favorite verse: Jeremiah 29: 11-13