Super Summer exists to inspire and equip students as Kingdom-minded leaders. Super Summer focuses on 6 core values; spiritual growth, Spiritual Disciplines, Leadership, Evangelism, Discipleship, and Service/Ministry.
Beginning in 1986 as a training opportunity for youth ministers to bring Christian young people who were interested in advancing their personal spiritual growth. Super Summer has over 3000 participants and promises to continue growth as the need for student leaders intensifies.
Super Summer Oklahoma is an independent camp operated by a board of directors made up of youth ministers, pastors, and laymen. Super Summer takes place at Oklahoma Baptist University each year.
What Super Summer Is Not
- For the casually committed member of youth group
- For spiritually lost teens
- Students are divided into schools.
- This is done by grade, starting with students completing the 7th grade through students completing their senior year of high school.
- Students are given a family group consisting of 1-2 adult leaders and 10-12 students.
- Each family group is integrated with students from different churches.
- Family groups are intended to facilitate thoughts and conversations of the teaching and provide a “family” atmosphere away from home.
- Each school has large group teaching times followed by family group sessions.
- The afternoon incorporates a variety of physical and spiritual options.
- The evening provides an interactive and responsive worship opportunity in music, video, and the challenging teaching that leads into the final family time of the day.
- Thursday dinner allows for local churches to eat together and reconnect before returning home on Friday.
Registration and cost
Students will be receiving information about registering and cost the closer we get to the summer.