New Orleans is a city of stories, but most of them aren’t the ones you’ve heard before. The world knows New Orleans as a place filled with sinners and endless parties, but the reality is that this city is filled with people living their day-to-day lives, trying to make ends meet, and in need of Christ. People there are full of personality. Spend any amount of time there and you’ll see just how beautiful the culture is.
March 10th – March 15th
We will partner with a New Orleans based mission organization called Mission Lab. Mission Lab has been loving & serving the city of New Orleans in the name of Jesus since 2000. To learn more about Mission Lab you can visit them on their website at MissionLab.com
Our group will serve as a team throughout the trip, learning practical ways to express the love of Jesus to others while sharing a meaningful missions experience–an experience that will hopefully carry over into life back home.
- So what’s the cost?
The cost of the trip is $450. The covers food, lodging, transportation, and ministry needs as we serve the city of New Orleans.
- I’m not sure if I have what it takes to do a trip like this. How will you train us?
We will hold training meetings on support raising, evangelism, spiritual readiness, and everything else you will need to know to be fully prepared for this trip.
- Who is able to be a part of this trip? In order to be a part of this trip you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Christ-follower.
- Be a student between 7th and 12th grade
- Be an active member CrossRidge Students
- Demonstrate an understanding of the gospel and a willingness to share the gospel.
- What will be required of me physically?
For those who desire to be a part of this team, you need to be prepared for a quite a bit of walking. We will also work on service projects within the community that may require some light manual labor. (All manual labor will be supervised be CrossRidge Adult Leaders)
So what do you need to do…
- Pray – Ask the Lord if He desires for you to be a part of this trip. A good prayer might be, “Lord I am ready to go, but willing to stay.” The Lord will make it clear if you should be a part. If you are, then money and any other possible issues will not be a factor, because God will take care of those if He has called you to be a part.
- Sign up – As soon as you are certain that this trip is for you, pick up the CRC Mission NOLA Paperwork at the info desk or in The Collective or you can register here.
Jan 6th: Deposit of $100 and Paperwork due
Feb 3rd: Payment of $175
Mar 3rd: Payment of $175
Mission Meeting Dates
12:00 – 1:30 (Following second service) in The Collective
Jan 6th: Meeting 1
Feb 3rd: Meeting 2
Mar 3rd: Meeting 3
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Simon Collard at 972-292-1953 or email at email@example.com.